|SG-1 Temporada 10|
|Temporada 9||Temporada 10|
A clue for the Sangraal leads SG-1 to Atlantis. While Dr. Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran search through the Atlantis database, Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell and Dr. Rodney McKay plan to use a Stargate and a black hole to block the Supergate and prevent the Ori from dispatching more ships.
With the threat of the Ori now pressing upon the Milky Way, SG-1 continues its desperate search for any way to stand up to them. Still rumored but undiscovered is a powerful weapon invented by Merlin, who we have learned was a Lantean scientist (Myrddin, also known as Moros) who returned to Earth from Atlantis 10,000 years ago
Merlin was once ascended, but chose to retake human form to create a weapon that can destroy ascended beings, in order to fight the Ori—and to keep that work hidden from the others of his kind, who have a strict rule of non-interference with un-ascended mortals.
Continuing their search for the device, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran visit the Ancient city of Atlantis, now an Earth outpost in the Pegasus galaxy. In the city's Holo room they discover Morgan Le Fay, who is masquerading as the teaching computer's interface, a holographic projection of a 30 to 40-year-old woman. Along with Dr. Elizabeth Weir, they seek Morgan's help in discovering the whereabouts of Merlin's weapon—despite the fact that Merlin was apparently rebelling against the Lanteans and the other Ancients in creating it.
Meanwhile, Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, Dr. Rodney McKay, and Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell join the Odyssey for a dangerous mission. Having been unsuccessful in dialing out with the Supergate the Ori used to invade the Milky Way galaxy, the team hopes to dial in from Pegasus since the Supergate was designed to be dialed from another galaxy. Their plan is to plant a normal gate next to the Supergate and another next to a black hole in Pegasus. Due to relativistic effects of the black hole, once the two gates are connected they can virtually not be shut down. Then using a Nuclear warhead, they will make the matter stream "jump" from the normal Stargate to the Supergate (the same plan that saved Earth in the season two episode "A Matter of Time".) Unfortunately, the first test is unsuccessful.
Compounding matters, Atlantis detects a Wraith Hive Ship heading toward the Odyssey's position, but are unable to warn them due to interference from the black hole. They dial Stargate Command to have them to relay a message to Teal'c (who is positioned in a cloaked Al'kesh near the Supergate) who can relay the message to SG-1.
Later, Daniel, Weir, and Vala are stunned to learn that Morgan is not a holographic interface at all: She is an ascended Lantean, the real Morgan Le Fay, who is walking the line of breaking her vow of non-interference to help the humans battle the Ori.
She reveals to them that when the Lanteans resettled to Earth many millennia ago, they found only a harsh land and primitive peoples. There was no hope to rebuild their great society, so they spread out, some seeding ancient civilizations, others living out their lives in secluded meditation. In this later fashion Morgan and Merlin both one day learned to ascend.
When he later descended to create the anti-Ori weapon, she was sent by the Others to watch him. Merlin was able to keep all his ascended knowledge when he retook human form and also many powers. Using these powers, he made the weapon.
Meanwhile, McKay realizes that the problem isn't that they don't have enough power to make the matter stream transfer to the Supergate, but that they can't sustain the thermonuclear reactions long enough for it to obtain the desired reaction. They decide to set off two devices, one moments after the first to get the necessary result. Unfortunately, this also fails, and now Teal'c is detecting an Ori warship heading toward the Supergate, possibly to rendezvous with others that are going to come through the gate. Carter tells him to extend his cloak around the gate on his end and wait it out. However, moments later he receives the message from the SGC about the Wraith about to prey upon Odyssey.
Back at Atlantis, Daniel and Weir argue that in Arthurian legend Merlin and Morgan were rivals. If she was sent to watch him and, if necessary, stop him, would she really be helping them to find the technology now? They realize that she is breaking the vow of non-interference just by talking to them and that she is a part of a small group of Ascended Ancients who feel that they need to get involved for their own sakes because the Ori will go after the Ancients after they conquer the Milky Way. However, this small group of Ascended Ancients are afraid of the consequences that will result from their interference.
The Odyssey, pulling out of the black hole, comes under attack by the Wraith, with their systems having been disrupted by the black hole. Carter theorizes that they can lure the Hive ship into the black hole's pull and their systems should be affected too, including their Jamming code. Then the Odyssey can use the gravity well to slingshot away. The Wraith fall for the trap and as the Odyssey is flying away, they beam their last two thermonuclear devices aboard the Hive ship. It explodes, right next to the open Stargate.
Suddenly, on Teal'c's end, the Stargate emits a blast of energy and then the matter stream jumps to the supergate, which dials and the Ori ship that had come to observe is destroyed in the unstable vortex of the forming wormhole. By destroying the Wraith Hive ship, they not only sealed off the gate to more invading Ori ships, but destroyed one of them in the process. Even more amazing, the Stargate on the Pegasus end was not destroyed, meaning they have the Supergate blocked off indefinitely.
Meanwhile, Morgan is persuaded by Daniel to tell the group which planet they must go to and thus find Merlin's weapon. However, just as she begins to mention something important about the weapon ("Merlin's weapon is not..."), she is stopped at the last moment by the Others. After the confrontation, Daniel comes to the realization that the SGC and their allies cannot expect any assistance from the Ascended.
Mitchell:Tengo que decirte, Sheppard, que es un buen lugar el que tienes aquí
Sheppard:Gracias, sólo pintamos.Bueno, buena suerte. Y escucha, si McKay le da un mal rato, simplemente...
Sheppard: También, él tiene alergia a las naranjas
. Mitchell:¿De verdad?
Sheppard:(tira de un limón del bolsillo) lleva uno contigo en todo momento. Es sólo un consuelo saber que está ahí (lanza el limón a Mitchell)
Mitchell:Esa es una buena táctica. Gracias .
McKay: Sólo quería darles las gracias por estar ahí para mí en un momento de gran necesidad personal. Bueno ... en realidad , no estabas allí , yo estaba solo en la oscuridad , pero um ... um , seguro que parecía como si estuvieras .
Carter: ¿Me estás diciendo una de tus fantasías
? ' McKay ': No, no! Era una alucinación. Mira, yo tenía una conmoción cerebral, que estaba atrapado en el fondo de un puente que se hunde, y mi mente evocaba como un medio de supervivencia. Lo que se puede hacer en mi situación. Me salvó la vida.
' Carter ',. Bueno, bueno, eso es ... más o menos agradable
' McKay ': ( sonriendo ) Hmm . Sí, lo fue .
' Carter ': ... ¿Estaba desnuda
? ' McKay ': Parcialmente .
' Mitchell ' : ¿Es eso lo bueno , o lo que
? ' McKay ',. Hmmm
' Mitchell ',. El agujero negro
' McKay ': Lo que están viendo es el disco de acreción , que está atrapado en el interior de la materia de la gravedad también. No se puede ver el propio agujero negro .
' Mitchell ': ( vuelve a McKay y lo mira con valentía ) ¿Qué es fresco .
' Mitchell ': Teal'c , tengo una llamada por cobrar de la Galaxia Pegaso . ¿Va a aceptar los cargos .
' Teal'c ' : Lo haré por cierto.
' Morgan le Fay ': Puede introducir su consulta verbal , o introduciendo manualmente en la consola antes de ti
. ' Jackson ',. Voy a hablar , si eso está bien
' Morgan le Fay ' : Por supuesto, pero tenga en cuenta para futuros períodos de sesiones , se requiere la entrada manual para la mayoría interacción del sistema
. ' Jackson ' : Creo que la tuve en quinto grado,
' Jackson ',. Bueno , muéstrame el orden en que se fundaron las primeras ciudades antiguas
' Vala ': ¿Cómo es eso útil? ¿Vas a unirte a todos los puntos y hacer un dibujo bonito?
' Jackson ' : Sólo estoy mis orientaciones . Vas a tener que acostumbrarse al hecho de que este es , probablemente, va a tomar un tiempo .
' Vala ',. La forma de enfocar las cosas , podría tomar el resto de nuestras vidas
' Jackson ',. Lo siento , pero no vamos a encontrar la ubicación de esta cosa por mirar debajo de " W " para el arma
' Vala ': "P" para el planeta , entonces? Sólo digo , hacer la pregunta .
' Jackson ': ( irritado suspiro ) Dr. Weir ya lo intentó . Sería una pérdida de tiempo .
' Vala ': Se necesitaría toda once segundos
. ' Jackson ': ( suspiro aún más irritada, mira a Morgan ) Hola, estamos buscando a los nombres de los dos planetas saben en la Tierra en la antigüedad en el dialecto de Inglés Antiguo como Castiana y Sahal . ( volvió a Vala ) Satisfecho ?
' Morgan le Fay ',. Taoth Vaclarush y Valos Cor
( Jackson mira , incrédulo , mientras Vala sonríe )
' Vala ': Ahora estoy satisfecho .
' Carter ': Ya sabes, Cam , no está mal. Por mucho que me duela decirlo, los datos de nuestro primer intento apoya su argumento.
' Mitchell ': Bueno, como mi abuela solía decir , " si al principio no tienes éxito " ...
' Carter ': Pruebe una reacción termonuclear más grande
? ' Mitchell ': Sus palabras exactamente .
' Jackson ' : Entiendo la delgada línea que hay que caminar , y me doy cuenta el riesgo que está tomando simplemente mostrar a ti mismo . Pero lo siento , quiero más .
( Morgan le Fay parece sorprendida )
' Jackson ': Y puede suceder que a tus amigos también. ( mira hacia el techo ) Sí, ya sé que estás escuchando . ( lentamente mira hacia atrás, hacia Morgan ) Porque me estoy haciendo enfermo de pistas ocultas y mensajes crípticos . Y Merlín era justo que los Ori son una amenaza, pero no sólo para nosotros disminuye , no sólo a los miles de millones de vidas humanas a lo largo de esta galaxia , sino a su propia existencia. Porque cuando acabe la guerra y toda alma que queda con vida está rogando a los Ori , alimentar su necesidad de ser adorado ... Bueno, ya sabes que van a venir para el próximo . Yo no pretendo saber lo que la guerra se verá así, o en qué campo de batalla que se llevará a cabo , pero no voy a estar vivo para verlo .
' Morgan le Fay ': ( mira hacia abajo , avergonzado ) Si interferimos , nosotros no somos mejores que los Ori
. ' Jackson ' : Tengo entendido que es la esencia misma de lo que eres, de lo que usted cree , pero estoy hablando de la supervivencia aquí . Si realmente está tratando de ayudar , y luego ayudar a ti mismo .
' Carter ': ¿Quieres decir que acaba de explotar una nave Ori
. ' McKay ',. Al destruir una nave Wraith
' Teal'c ': De hecho lo hicimos .
- This episode acts as a Stargate SG-1 / Stargate: Atlantis crossover episode, featuring five characters from Atlantis.
- Variations of the Stargate: Atlantis theme are present throughout the episode.
- The Gamma Site was apparently reconstructed after its destruction in "The Scourge", or rebuilt on another planet, and was used to relay a message to Teal'c's position next to the Supergate in order to send a message to the Odyssey that a Hive ship was approaching their position.
- Morgan Le Fay, when disguised as a hologram, says that Dr. Elizabeth Weir was the first human to arrive in Atlantis after it was abandoned by the Lanteans. This seemingly contradicts "Rising", where Colonel Marshall Sumner goes through the Stargate first. However, in "Before I Sleep" we discover that Elizabeth Weir, having traveled back in time, is left in Atlantis after the Lanteans abandon the city. She awakened every 3,300 years or so to rotate the Zero Point Modules. This would mean that she was the first human to set foot in Atlantis after the Lanteans abandoned the city.
- When Dr. Rodney McKay thanks Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter for being there for him in a time of "great personal need", he is describing the events that occurred in a season 2 episode of Stargate: Atlantis called "Grace Under Pressure".
- Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell claimed that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard told him "under threat of impending death, [McKay] could work absolute miracles" is a callback to Sheppard's line in "Inferno": "Well, I've discovered you're pretty good under the threat of impending death."
- The gate addresses from the database also display the point of origin symbol for Earth's Alpha Gate. Unless this is a changeable setting, it would have been more accurate to use Atlantis' point of origin symbol or no seventh symbol at all. However, since they were provided by Morgan Le Fay, she could have set them that way to be relevant based on the current Stargate being used. She would have access to this information as the current point of origin would be included in Atlantis' database.
- This is the only Stargate SG-1 episode to involve the Wraith, the main antagonists of Stargate: Atlantis.
- It is Mitchell's idea to slingshot Odyssey around the black hole. This is possibly a reference to the same maneuver that Ben Browder's character in Farscape performed multiple times.
- The battle between the Odyssey and the Wraith Hive ship around a black hole bears a certain similarity to the premise of the early video game Plantilla:WPS, produced in 1961.
- Ben Browder breaks the fourth wall in this episode, pausing to give the camera a pointed look after listening to McKay's long-winded explanation of the difference between a black hole's accretion disk and the black hole itself.
- This is the first and only time that Joe Flanigan (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard), David Nykl (Dr. Radek Zelenka) and Chuck Campbell (Chuck) guest star on the series, but David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay) and Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir) both appeared previously. Hewlett was in "48 Hours", "Redemption, Part 1", "Redemption, Part 2", "Moebius, Part 1", and "Moebius, Part 2", and Higginson was previously in "New Order, Part 1" and "New Order, Part 2."
- This is the only appearance of the normal version of Rodney McKay on Stargate SG-1 after the events of "Redemption, Part 2", given that the McKay who appeared in "Moebius, Part 1" and "Moebius, Part 2" was from an alternate timeline and the one who appeared in "The Road Not Taken" was from an alternate reality.
- This is the only appearance of Atlantis outside of Stargate: Atlantis.
- Beau Bridges (Major General Henry Landry) does not appear in this episode.
- Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran) previously played Cassandra, a scientist living in Atlantis at the time of its destruction, in the Hercules: The Legendary Journeys episode "Atlantis".
- Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard), David Hewlett (Rodney McKay), Torri Higginson (Elizabeth Weir), David Nykl (Radek Zelenka) and Chuck Campbell (Chuck) all appeared in the Stargate: Atlantis episode "Irresistible", which was originally broadcast on the same day (July 28, 2006).
- Cameron refers to the events of "A Matter of Time" while Daniel refers to those of "Lost City, Part 2".
- When the Ori warship is patrolling the Supergate, there seems to be an inconsistency in the ratio of size between the ship and the gate. When we originally see the ships come into the Milky Way, they are barely narrower than the gate itself. Here, the gate appears much larger than the ship. Though this could be perspective, as objects farther away appear smaller.
- The individual pieces of the Supergate are also too big to fit through a standard Stargate. It could be that the pieces expanded, similar to a Tel'taks wings and so fit through a gate, enlargen to form the pieces.
- At the beginning of the episode when Odyssey is shown approaching Atlantis, the super-structure at the ship's rear is on right side of the ship, instead of on the left where it actually resides.
- When Atlantis turns off the gate after contacting Earth, what is shown is the Stargate shield turning off while the gate isn't even active at all.
- When the Odyssey and Teal'c's Al'kesh are communicating near the black hole the audio transmissions are slowed down on both ends. However, only the ship farther away would hear a slowed down transmission. The closer ship would hear a faster one (assuming time dilation).
- The Ori are several times described as a threat to "this galaxy", while the characters saying that are actually in the Pegasus galaxy.
In other languagesEditar
- French: Chassé-croisé (Continual going and coming)
- Italian: Il Progetto Pegasus (The Pegasus Project)
- Spanish: El Proyecto Pegasus (The Pegasus Project)
- Czech: Projekt Pegasus (The Pegasus Project)
- German: Das Pegasus-Prinzip (The Pegasus-Principle)