|SG-1 Temporada 7|
|Temporada 6||Temporada 8|
Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Bill Lee are captured by Honduran rebels after getting their hands on a device that could stop the Kull warriors. As Colonel Jack O'Neill launches a secret mission with an old acquaintance to retrieve the two, the rest of the team uncover more information on the warriors by infiltrating Tartarus, the planet on which they are created.
Previously on Stargate SG-1Editar
Anubis creates a new soldier called a Kull warrior. Jacob Carter believes he used an Ancient healing device to give life to a host that is more powerful than a human. SG-1 along with several Rebel Jaffa managed to capture one of the warriors alive and use a Tok'ra Memory recall device on him to discover the location of the planet he was created on. Meanwhile, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Bill Lee travel to Honduras to find the original Ancient device in the hopes of using it to create a weapon against the warriors but are captured by terrorists.
In the guerrilla camp, Dr. Daniel Jackson is questioned by their leader Raphael but refuses to tell him anything. Raphael starts to torture Daniel with electricity. Giving up, Raphael returns Daniel to the locked shack where Daniel and Dr. Bill Lee are being held prisoner, and takes Lee.
At Stargate Command, Major General George S. Hammond informs Colonel Jack O'Neill that there are ransoms for Jackson and Lee. He later informs him that O'Neill is allowed to rescue Jackson with the help of a CIA Agent named Burke, whom O'Neill seems to know. The Colonel says goodbye to Carter. Later in the conference room, Jacob Carter informs the others about Tartarus and that the Stargate there is protected by a force field. Selmak decides to use the Kull armor to gain access to Tartarus to deactivate the sensor array so that Sam, Teal'c and Bra'tac can access the planet with a Tel'tak. Although it is a dangerous plan, they all agree to execute it.
In Nicaragua, O'Neill meets Burke who informs him about what has happened and the situation between Nicaragua and Honduras. They start to quarrel about their past. Apparently, Burke was discharged from the military for accidentally shooting and killing a fellow soldier, Woods. Burke leaves. Meanwhile, in the rebel camp, Lee is returned to the shack and tells Daniel that he told the guerrillas all he knew. Raphael activates the Ancient healing device.
Back at SGC, Jacob puts on the armor and enters Tartarus where he is taken to a laboratory by a Goa'uld named Thoth, who examines him. Suddenly Anubis enters the room and calls Thoth away. Meanwhile Sam, Teal'c and Bra'tac wait in a Tel'tak near the planet and while Sam is angry about her father's stubbornness, the sensor array is deactivated and they fly to the planet.
In Honduras, O'Neill and a guide find Telchak's temple where they meet Burke again and the two former friends start to look for Daniel. After some time they find Daniel's guide who was shot but is still alive. Later Burke tells O'Neill that he killed Woods because he was a traitor, but kept silent because of his wife. In the rebel camp Daniel is further questioned and is shocked to see that the Ancient healing device was activated. He tells Raphael that it is dangerous. But the rebel leader doesn't believe him, seeing as the device is rejuvenating him. However, one of his cohorts, Chalo, having uneasy feelings about the device, wants to deactivate it, but Rafael kills him.
On Tartarus, Teal'c and Sam are let into Anubis' base by Jacob and they find a Goa'uld queen symbiote, which is creating larvae without a mind, in the same way the Tok'ra Queen Symbiote Egeria from Pangar did. They then find a room with thousands of super-soldiers, ready to be fashioned into the Kull Warriors by Anubis. Thoth finds them but is killed by Sam, which triggers an alarm. They escape (after blowing up the queen with C-4) but are chased by Kull Warriors and one of them makes it into the Tel'tak. They beam the soldier out with the Transportation rings.
On Honduras, Chalo is reanimated by the device and he starts to attack the guerrillas violently. In the ensuing mayhem, Jackson and Lee escape but are quickly found. Before Raphael can kill Daniel, O'Neill kills the rebels. Meanwhile, Chalo is blown up by Burke's Colt M203 grenade launcher. They then take the Ancient device and leave.
Back at SGC, SG-1 is reunited and O'Neill invites Sam to have lunch with him.
Anubis' queen; Ancient healing device; Barbeque; Beer; Brainwashing; Hilary Burke; C-130; C-4; Central Intelligence Agency; Cindy Woods; Colt M16A3 rifle; Colt M203 grenade launcher; Cuba; Egeria; The Evil Dead; Honduras; Internet; Kull; Genetic memory; Goa'uld queen; Kalashnikov AK-47; Mayan people; Micro 16 assault rifle; Minnesota; Nicaragua; Ocotal; Pangar; Peterson Air Force Base; Plasma repeater; President of the United States; Jonas Quinn; Radioactive Tok'ra isotope; Ramius' Tel'tak; Russia; Sarcophagus; Spanish language; Stargate shield; Tartarus; Tartarus system; Telchak; Transportation rings; Cindy Woods; Woods; Unnamed Honduran Rebel
O'Neill: I'm going after Daniel.
O'Neill: This other mission—
Carter: Shouldn't be a problem, sir. When do you leave?
Carter: Good luck.
O'Neill: You too.
Siler: (while gearing up Jacob) How's that, sir?
Jacob: Pretty good. Reminds me of my old football days.
Siler: Did they have helmets back in those days, sir?
Burke: Okay, my name is Burke and I'll be your guide. Today we'll be looking at indigenous vegetation of Central America. Watch your step ladies--we're not in Minnesota.
Burke: What's with the guy from Evil Dead?
Burke: (laughs) You guys are into some crazy crap, man!
Bra'tac: Teal'c, are you hurt?
Teal'c: My pride. An old man has done what I cannot.
Burke: Hey is that, that thing that made that guy do that thing?
Jackson: Yeah it's okay, it's off now.
Lee: At least we think it's off, it's not glowing anymore so...
Jackson: The glowing thing really gives it away, so if it's not glowing anymore it shouldn't be on anymore.
Lee: ...Do you want to hold it?
Jackson: Nope. (steps away from Bill)
Burke: THAT'S CRAZY!
O'Neill: Hey. So nice command.
Carter: We did manage to make it out alive, sir.
O'Neill: There is that. Lunch?
- Anubis found out about Egeria when he probed Jonas Quinn's mind in "Homecoming".
- This is one of only two episodes of Season Seven, besides "Fallen", "Homecoming" and "Fallout", in which Jonas Quinn (Corin Nemec) is mentioned. The other is "Death Knell". However, his picture does appear, along with the rest of SG-1, in a news report during the episode "Space Race."
- The Goa'uld scientist working on the Kull warriors is Thoth, who was the Egyptian God of Knowledge.
- In this episode we find out that Colonel Jack O'Neill speaks at least some Spanish.
- Burke makes a joke about Minnesota. Richard Dean Anderson and O'Neill are from Minnesota.
- In the DVD commentary Amanda Tapping explains why Major Samantha Carter carries a Micro 16 assault rifle and not an FN P90 Personal Defense Weapon. Due to the war in Iraq there was a shortage of bullets, which includes blanks like the show uses. They kept O'Neill with a P90 but as you can see in this episode it's used sparingly - we hear him fire it but we don't see him do it. Despite this shortage, it could be surmised that the story reasons for the change in weapon, was due to the need for differing requirements in firepower specific to this mission.
- This is the first episode in which Anubis appears that is neither a season premiere nor a season finale.
- The Kull Warrior was able to board the moving Tel'tak by a rear entrance. There have been plenty of times that a Tel'tak has been used to imprison someone against their will and they could not escape. SG-1 was held back there by Aris Boch in the episode "Dead Man Switch". This would not be a very effective holding room if there is a rear entrance.
- When the rebels start shooting and chasing after Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Lee, the gun fire heard is that of the FN P90 and not the AK47, The rate of fire and firing sound does not match the guns the rebels are carrying,
In other languagesEditar
- French: La Fontaine de Jouvence (2ème partie) (The Fountain of Youth (part 2))
- Italian: Evoluzione (Parte 2) (Evolution (part 2))
- Spanish: Evolución (Parte 2) (Evolution (part 2))
- Czech: Evoluce (2. část) (Evolution (part 2))
- German: Evolution, Teil 2 (Evolution, Part 2)
- Hungarian: Evolúció (2. rész) (Evolution (part 2))